7 Must-Read Travel Books To Visit Malaysia
Malaysia undoubtedly is one of the captivating and modern countries in Southeast Asia. The diversity of modern and colonial architectural style with the background of Titiwangsa mountains is exceptionally beautiful in Peninsular Malaysia. This time I mainly enjoyed exploring Kuala Lumpur. At the same time, I’ve loved the natural beauty of Cameron Highlands in East Coast Malaysia. I had no idea this country could have so much to offer. The following 7 must-read travel books to visit Malaysia and explore the best.
I must say, I’m highly impressed by the high-tech infrastructure of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur. Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Tower became the main attractions and landmarks in Malaysia. Though beautiful skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur attracting the majority of tourists there are many other destinations which truly worth visiting. And so I’ve started to read Lonely Planet Malaysia for a second visit to Malaysia. And more inside before planning a trip to Malaysia, yes truly Asia.
Disclosure: All are paid links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- 1 Insight Guides Malaysia (Travel Guide with Free eBook)
- 2 Malaysia – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture
- 3 Lonely Planet Pocket Kuala Lumpur (Travel Guide)
- 4 Malaysia & Singapore Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in Malaysia & Singapore (Malaysia Travel Guide, Singapore Travel Guide, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Penang)
- 5 Malaysia: Recipes From a Family Kitchen
- 6 Enchanting Penang (Enchanting Asia)
Insight Guides Malaysia (Travel Guide with Free eBook)
Insight Guides: Malaysia will definitely provide you the insight tips and information to explore the best of Malaysia. This travel guide also depicted the history, people, and culture of Malaysia. Many travel tips from the local experts will surely help any first-time visitors to explore this diverse country.
A must-read travel guide to exploring Kuala Lumpur’s top attractions to the wild nature of offbeat destination East Malaysia.
- History and culture of Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur top attractions
- Travel tips from local travel experts
- Detailed travel maps and colorful photos
- Malaysia tourist attractions
- Sabah, and Sarawak
Malaysia – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture
Malaysia – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture by Victor King is completely an essential guide to get the depth knowledge of Malaysian culture and customs. Before visiting a multi-diverse country like Malaysia, knowing the local customs will definitely add an extra benefit for any traveler.
The writer as a regular visitor in Malaysia nicely pointed out many dos and don’ts before a trip to Malaysia. A must-read guidebook to make yourself familiar with the common etiquettes and customs of Malay peoples.
- The culture and custom of Malaysia
- Common etiquettes and manners to interact with locals
- Business etiquettes to run or plan a business
Lonely Planet Pocket Kuala Lumpur (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Kuala Lumpur (Travel Guide) is the best Kuala Lumpur tourist guide to explore all top attractions in the city. Too handy and easily accessible for all to get insider tips and information related to Kuala Lumpur. From budget travelers to luxury will find it essential for all current updates to visit Kuala Lumpur.
You might like to read Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang (City Guide). This guidebook will also help you to make a historical and World Heritage Site tour in Melaka and Penang.
- Kuala Lumpur tourism
- Kuala Lumpur tourist attractions
- Comprehensive and colorful travel maps and photos of Kuala Lumpur
- Insightful and essential Kuala Lumpur travel tips and information
- Kuala Lumpur travel itineraries
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia & Singapore Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in Malaysia & Singapore (Malaysia Travel Guide, Singapore Travel Guide, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Penang)
Malaysia & Singapore Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in Malaysia & Singapore (Malaysia Travel Guide, Singapore Travel Guide, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Penang) will work as a two-in-one travel guide to explore all about Malaysia and the neighbor country Singapore. For quick information and to save your time, this guide is a must-read before planning a trip to Malaysia. If you have a plan to visit Singapore then you can check all the coolest things to do in Singapore as well.
This guide will also provide you with many ideas about top places, local food and restaurants, authentic shops, events, and festivals in nearby destinations.
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Singapore
- Top attractions in Singapore
- Top attractions in Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, and Penang
- Local delicacies of Malaysia
- Local delicacies of Singapore
Malaysia: Recipes From a Family Kitchen
Malaysia: Recipes From a Family Kitchen is a great cookbook to know all about Malaysian cuisine. It’ll be rare to find any traveler who didn’t love the food of Malaysia. Specially Satay with Peanut sauce, one of the famous street foods in Malaysia. There are many varieties of Malaysian food and must-try for all food lovers around.
The writer Ping Coombs nicely depicted her family recipes (more than 100) to taste the best of Malaysian food. She herself from Malaysia and also the winner of 2014 MasterChef. So read, cook, and eat with Malaysian cook.
- Malaysian food
- More than 100 Malaysian recipes
- Unique family recipes
- Easy to prepare
Enchanting Penang (Enchanting Asia)
Enchanting Penang (Enchanting Asia) is an ultimate guide to visit Penang, the beautLS