Kuala Lumpur city tour in two days! Yes, a quick tour in KL is not any bad idea. In a short time, it is possible to explore like a local on a budget. I had a safe and interesting two days’ city tour in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I found 1-3 days are more than enough to explore almost all top tourist attractions in Kuala Lumpur. You can even easily afford a standard budget stay here. At the same time, Kuala Lumpur is best for the luxury travelers. For many reasons, all kind of tourists and travelers love to visit Kuala Lumpur.
The infrastructure of Kuala Lumpur city is outstanding. There are many things to do and see in the city itself. The transportation system in KL is cool as well. Many popular landmarks are possible to explore without any entrance fee. There is one free bus service ‘GO KL City Bus’ also available in four main routes for locals and foreigners. You can even enjoy a budget stay, shop, and food in the center of Kuala Lumpur city.
- 1 Explore Kuala Lumpur On a Budget
- 2 Money Saving Tips
- 3 Top Things To Do and See in Kuala Lumpur
- 4 Like This Post? Pin It!
- 5 Related Posts
Explore Kuala Lumpur On a Budget
A travel video on my Kuala Lumpur City Tour in Two Days. Watch and visit KL! 😉
I made a solo trip to Malaysia for three days from Bali. It was nice to know a lot about this country in a very short time. I took a single entry tourist visa from Dhaka to explore Kuala Lumpur. But the visa policy of Malaysia is not same for all countries.
I had a cool stay at Hotel Sentral Pudu which is located in Jalan Pudu, the Chinese area, and just 2.8 km from the popular destination Bukit Bintang or Jalan Bukit Bintang.
Two days I kept for exploring top tourist attractions in the city, eating and shopping on a budget. I found weekends is best to explore the city to avoid more traffic. Bus, train, taxi, any option you can choose but to save time and to enjoy a safe and easy tour GrabCar is best. GrabCar service is more popular in KL than Uber. I have enjoyed the GrabCar service and Red White Teksi (Budget Taxi) service to explore the city in two days at the lowest cost.
I also loved to read Kuala Lumpur in 3 Days Guidebook before exploring Kuala Lumpur in two days. It was a great read and recommended one to get the most from the city in a short time.
The most popular destinations for all kinds of travelers in Kuala Lumpur are Bukit Bintang and Chinatown on Petaling Street. If you want to go for a budget tour in KL, then better to stay in Bukit Bintang or Petaling Street. Petaling Street is best for street shopping, and also there are many standard budget hotels and restaurants to stay and eat.
Bukit Bintang, the commercial center of the city and ideal destination for budget and as well as luxury travelers. There are many budgets to 5-star hotels are in Bukit Bintang. This destination became popular for Petronas Twin Towers. There are also many shopping malls all around Bukit Bintang.
Money Saving Tips
If you don’t expend much on brand shopping or eating in star restaurants, then it is quite easy to explore Kuala Lumpur on a budget. Some money saving tips to explore Kuala Lumpur City on a budget.
- Avoid luxury hotels, restaurants, big shopping malls to stay, eat and shop.
- Stay in any budget hotels either in Bukit Bintang or Chinatown. Take a complimentary breakfast option from the hotel to save money for breakfast.
- Shop from Petaling Street but all are secondhand products. And don’t forget to bargain.
- Dine on Jalan Alor Street, popular food street from local to many South Asian cuisines. Foods are really tasty here.
- Buy fresh local fruits (Durian, Rambutan) at a reasonable price from Kasturi Walk at Central Market.
- Use Grab App on your Smart Phone to get a taxi in a minute. GrabCar service is best to explore KL in the quickest time and also found this service safe as a solo traveler.
- Take a free bus service from GO KL City Bus to explore the city on a budget. But it might be not time-consuming but worth to go for it to avoid the transportation cost. This bus service is much standard; they have the stoppage in all popular tourist attractions and shopping destinations.
- Budget Taxi (Red White Teksi) service in Kuala Lumpur is good as well. Best to hire for some hours to explore KL city.
- Visit all old and popular landmarks like Batu Caves, Sri Mahamariamman Temple, Guan Di Temple, Royal King Palace without any entrance fee.
- Go for a walking tour at Merdeka Square, there are many things to explore and see from this destination, which is also popular as Independence Square.
- Enjoy a fun time without any cost at Upside Down House in KL Tower.
- For a family tour, KLCC park is best for spending time, especially for kids. There is no entrance fee and worth to visit.
Royal King Palace
Guan Di Temple
Top Things To Do and See in Kuala Lumpur
Eat a lot, shop till you drop and explore the skylines, this is all about Kuala Lumpur City. In two days I liked to visit many popular to top Kuala Lumpur attractions. I loved the combination of old and modern architectural style of Kuala Lumpur landmarks. The mountainous view over the skylines was amazing from the highway to the top of the KL Tower.
My most favorite destination in Kuala Lumpur is KL Tower. The entrance fee is high but worth to visit to enjoy the most stunning panoramic view of Kuala Lumpur City. KL Tower is also known as Menara Kuala Lumpur. Get an entrance fee and you’ll be amazed to explore many things inside KL Tower.
The most popular Petronas Twin Towers is also must-visit for all. There are many things to explore from Petronas Towers. SkyBridge is the top attraction of Petronas Towers. But it is better to explore either KL Tower or Petronas Towers. The reason is the availability of entrance tickets is not guaranteed for Petronas Towers. You’ve to face a long queue or have to book online long before to visit. And you can also save some money by exploring anyone Skyline of Kuala Lumpur City.
Go for a Street Food Tour
You should not leave Malaysia without experience the taste of Malaysian to many Asian street foods in Kuala Lumpur as well as Penang. Some must-try local delicacies are Nasi Lemak, Satay, Roti Canai, Cendol. Some popular food streets in Kuala Lumpur are Jalan Alor, Petaling Street and Brickfields (Little India).
It is worth to visit 116 years old Hindu Temple Batu Caves. There are many caves and temples inside Batu Caves. The backdrop of Limestone Hill and the longest Murugan statue makes this destination the picturesque one. There are 272 steps to climb up the cave temple.
Street Shopping from Petaling Street
Anything at a cheap price is possible to get from Petaling Street. You just have to bargain a lot to get the lowest price on all products. But there is no guarantee of quality products. Petaling Street market is famous for selling fake brand products or secondhand products.
Quality Shopping from Berjaya Times Square Shopping Mall
It’s just a walking distance from Hotel Sentral Pudu to Berjaya Times Square in Bukit Bintang. One shouldn’t miss exploring this largest KL shopping mall to get many brands to quality products at a reasonable price. I enjoyed exploring Hero Market, best for fresh and easy shopping from food to everyday necessary commodities.
Like This Post? Pin It!
For more query, you can write me or comments below. Are you planning for Kuala Lumpur City Tour?