Shopping has never been my first priority to visit any shopping mall. What?? Yes, mainly I explore many shopping complexes to entertain myself. If it is modern and beautiful, I enjoy the most. Sometimes city tour is not any bad idea. To refrain yourself from the concrete life, you might like to have some fun with friends, family or just with you. And so Bashundhara City, one of the largest (191200 sq ft) South Asian shopping mall in Dhaka, Bangladesh can be your best travel attractions for many reasons. Let’s explore…
Every day around 50,000 people visits Bashundhara City shopping mall, which occupied with 2325 shops, 100 food courts on eight floors. Presently Bashundhara City is the second largest shopping mall in the capital of Dhaka city. The whole market is air-cooled and well maintained with the cool interior design. Many locals to global brand products are available here, and the number of visitors became double during main festivals. The raffle draws with big prizes during the Eid festival is one of the top attractions among the shoppers.
Bashundhara City Shopping Mall
Table of Contents
Top 4 Reasons You’ll Love Visiting Bashundhara City
The world’s 12th biggest Bashundhara City shopping mall will first attract you with its aesthetic and modern architect. In one word, it’s ‘Beautiful’. I love the dome of this mall, every time I visit here; I don’t forget to look over the top of the roof from the downstairs. It looks just amazing and takes me in a different world, where I imagine, here I’m all alone and no one around me. To me, it’s a cool photography zone too 🙂
The beauty of Dome from the Top
Yummy Food and Fun
Good food, lots of fun and entertainment. Come and get all in one place. What I found, most visitors visit for fun and so the main attraction is the top floor (Level 8). Here the Food Court is very popular for every aged person. It’s a wi-fi zone too. From local food (Deshi) to Indian, Thai, and Chinese, items are available here. However, different snacks and fast food are fave choices for most, and I recently tried the seafood for the first time and liked. Food costs are too high for some items.
Bashundhara City Level 8
Sea Food From Cabana Bashundhara City Food Court
Capricorn’s World is the also must-visit restaurant for food lovers here. If you want to enjoy food and fun together, then you shouldn’t miss this. You can arrange any special day here for your loved ones, and it can be a big surprise.
Capricorn’s Skywatch Restaurant at Level 19 got the charming decoration, best for family and couples. From here the distant view of Dhaka city looks cool and mostly found everyone busy to capture photos from the rooftop.
Do you enjoy movies or cinemas? Cineplex or Star Cineplex, multiplex cinema theatre ready to entertain you with new and old Bengali to English Blockbuster movies. You can book online tickets to avoid the rush here. Many special offers are also given with the tickets and Cineplex member holders.
If you love smart shopping, then you shouldn’t miss some of my favorites here (Level 7) like Ecstasy, Deshi Dosh, Westecs, and Bata. Shoppers, mostly from out of Bangladesh love shopping at Deshi Dosh, popular for 10 deshi (local) boutiques. Local handmade jewelry and souvenirs are also demanding here.
Some other brands Almas Super Shop, Nokia, Samsung, and LG are also here to fulfill your choice. In fact, you can’t without shopping whether it’s for you or for gift purposes. Many fancy suits and dresses are available at a reasonable price, and you should take the opportunity of shopping here from the yearly mega discount offers. You can also use your smart card for any special discount offers.
Points to be Noted
- The Bashundhara City Shopping Mall is situated at Pathapath in Dhaka. Good communication can be reached by local and private transport. To avoid an excessive traffic jam, use shortcut ways if you’re familiar with this city.
- Good and safe parking facilities available.
- Escalators/ lift services available always.
- Weekly holiday is Tuesday (full) and Wednesday (half).
- There is one modern ‘Gold Gym’ and swimming pool for ladies and gents at Level 9 and 10.
- Many local mobile phone operator’s customer services are there to serve you always.
- Foreign money exchange, bank services, and ATM booths are there too at Level 1.
- Toilet facilities on every floor for all.
- Theme park and indoors game’s zones are also at Level 8 for kids and adults.
- Mostly, all the shops receive smart card payments.
- Malls own ‘Care and Clean’ department are all times alert to provide their customers the best.
- The outside environment of this shopping mall is also very friendly and cool to spend hours sitting and gossiping with friends.
A complete entertaining shopping mall and great travel destinations for all around. So what are you waiting for? If you’re here around come and explore.
Are You On Pinterest? Click To Save For Later Read!
Let’s share. What you love most been at Bashundhara City?