I can remember it was my long-time dream to enjoy the mountain sunrise in Nepal. I was so thrilled and inspired to read Annapurna: A Woman’s Place by Arlene Blum. Then one day this mountainous land amazed me in real too when I made my first footsteps here. Yes, it was an amazing experience.
No doubt one good book plays a great role to help you imagine and motivate you to think, which is followed by exploring in real. Here are some worth reads for all adventurers, travelers, and dreamers around. And book lovers, you just should not miss it. I’m sure these travel books on Nepal will allure you to visit this country. There is much more to do in this adventurous land like trekking, mountaineering, biking, and rafting. Let’s explore.
Disclosure: All are paid links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Mountain: My Time on Everest
- 2 Annapurna: The First Conquest Of An 8,000-Meter Peak
- 3 Nepal Trekking & the Great Himalaya Trail: A route and planning guide
- 4 Annapurna: A Woman’s Place
- 5 Lonely Planet Nepal (Country Guide)
- 6 While the Gods Were Sleeping: A Journey Through Love and Rebellion in Nepal
- 7 Pokhara, Nepal: Including its History, Bindhyabasini Temple, The Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pewa Lake, and More
- 8 Are You On Pinterest? Click To Save For Later Read!
The Mountain: My Time on Everest
The Mountain: My Time on Everest is the bestseller book by Ed Viesturs, an American author who wrote his own experience about the mighty Mount Everest, the pride of Nepal. As a world-class and professional climber, he described his two years of experience on the world’s highest mountain. He is the only proud American who experienced climbing all fourteen peaks (8,000 meters) of the world. He didn’t use any bottled oxygen for that, can imagine? If you want to be one among all climbers around, have a long-time wish to take this experience, and love challenges, then you must read this book.
- To learn climbing
- Full of deadly adventure to challenge
- Engaging point to point descriptions
Annapurna: The First Conquest Of An 8,000-Meter Peak
Have you not yet been familiar with the world’s deadliest Himalayan peak, Annapurna? Then start reading Annapurna: The First Conquest Of An 8,000-Meter Peak, this epic book by French mountain climber Maurice Herzog. He is the first conqueror who was proud to be climbed the Annapurna mountains. Here he narrated, how courageously he fulfilled his mission without looking back. During mountaineering, he lost all his fingers because of cryo pathy. This is a great storybook full of thrill and adventure. You can’t without reading the whole book.
- All-time great mountain adventure book
- All-time top 100 sportsbooks
Nepal Trekking & the Great Himalaya Trail: A route and planning guide
Nepal is completely safe now to travel and this country authorities, encouraging all to come on a holiday to enjoy trekking. If you’re planning then you must go through Nepal Trekking & the Great Himalaya Trail: A route and planning guide. This ultimate guidebook on trekking was described most popular Everest Base Camp trek and many new trekking routes to help you. This is a planning travel guide by Robin Boustead for trekkers around who shouldn’t miss reading.
- A complete description of the Great Himalaya Trail
- Colorful maps showing trekking routes
- Nepal tourism (where to stay, eat and visit)
Annapurna: A Woman’s Place
Annapurna: A Woman’s Place is a must-read book for all women by Arlene Blum to learn how to accept and face challenges even knowing you’re dying to reach your goal. She is the first American who led twelve women to climb the deadliest Annapurna. Here she described how they all (ages between 19 to 50) take the dangerous risk of death and in the end being able to show the world, women’s power, courage, and strength. Annapurna is a dramatic but tragic story of all time.
- To learn how to lead and manage the extreme situation
- Determination and knowing to take decisions and risks
- Women’s abilities and skills
Lonely Planet Nepal (Country Guide)
Lonely Planet is an all-time trustworthy travel guide for all travelers around in all budgets. As a first-time visitor, the Lonely Planet Nepal (Country Guide) is a recommended one for you. Here Nepal tourism has been described with all essential information. This is a perfect guidebook to help you know Nepal, its vast history, culture, traditions, and beautiful sightseeing around.
- History, culture, and traditions of Nepal
- Nepal tourism
- Places to see in Nepal
- Insider money-saving tips
- Where to stay in Nepal
- Where to eat
- Colorful maps and photos of popular destinations
- Essential travel tips, reviews, and latest travel information
While the Gods Were Sleeping: A Journey Through Love and Rebellion in Nepal
I love reading a memoir. While the Gods Were Sleeping by Elizabeth Enslin, is a fascinating love story with insights into Nepal. She is an American Social Scientist and through this book, she wanted to show how she adjusted to a completely new life, learning about different cultures and society after marriage in Nepal. She took challenges, learned, and discovered many things from that. A must-read for all men and women. It’s about human rights, voicing your concern, knowing the inner you, and the society around you.
- To learn about human nature and social relationship
- To understand politics, culture, and tradition in Nepal
- Feminism and activism to create global awareness
Pokhara, Nepal: Including its History, Bindhyabasini Temple, The Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pewa Lake, and More
Pokhara, my most loving city, I missed being there. Pokhara, Nepal: Including its History, Bindhyabasini Temple, The Prithvi Narayan Campus, Phewa Lake, and More is an informative travel guidebook all about Pokhara by Sandra Wilkins. There is more to explore and top things to do in Pokhara, mostly tourists love this destination for its calmness and friendly people around. You can know more by reading here. As a first-time traveler, this guide can help you a lot to know this city completely.
- History of Pokhara
- All about Pokhara (where to stay, eat and visit)
- A full description of popular travel destinations with photos
You might like to book Nepal tours, attractions, and activities online or check out some of the options below.
Are You On Pinterest? Click To Save For Later Read!
PS. I’m an Amazon Influencer! Check my Amazon page for an essential and stylish list of products that I recommend and love.
So are you planning to read one from here? Let me know which other books you’ll love to recommend.
Last update on 2022-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API