7 Books To Read Before Traveling UAE
If you’re traveling the middle east for the first time, it is best to go through some travel guidebooks based on Arab society, their culture, and traditions. Maybe it is just a short tour, or you plan to move or live for a long time. It is worth in all ways to know about a new destination before a visit. Are you planning to travel to the United Arab Emirates? Here are 7 books to read before traveling UAE. Get to know all the history, culture, and many fascinating facts of your favorite emirates.
During my solo trip to Dubai, it was fun to explore one of the world’s fastest-growing cities in UAE. But it was more interesting to know the history behind the present Dubai. Now Dubai became the iconic city of the entire United Arab Emirates. Mostly all love to visit Dubai and Abu Dhabi among seven emirates of UAE. Both cities offer endless fun and all the luxury to discover.
But the UAE is not all about Dubai. I loved to know a lot more about Emirati culture and customs, food habits, and lifestyle during my visit. Furthermore, I found many expatriates preferred to move UAE and now living a safe and standard lifestyle. So, what allured every year many to live and work or visit? The listed travel books on UAE will guide you to know all the answers. As first-time visitors, get ready to know about UAE history and culture, how to travel around the UAE, essential travel tips, must-visit travel destinations, and top things to do during UAE travel.
Disclosure: All are paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- 1 UAE – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs and Culture
- 2 Conversational Arabic Quick and Easy: Emirati Dialect, Gulf Arabic of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE Arabic, and the United Arab Emirates
- 3 Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi (City Guide)
- 4 Understanding Arabs: A Contemporary Guide to Arab Society
- 5 Fodor’s Dubai 25 Best (Full-color Travel Guide)
- 6 DK Eyewitness Top 10 Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Pocket Travel Guide)
- 7 Table Tales: The Global Nomad Cuisine of Abu Dhabi
- 8 Are You On Pinterest? Click To Save These For Later Read!
UAE – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs and Culture
UAE – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture, written by John Walsh is a must-read book about UAE culture. It is best to be familiar with political and religious values, along with local customs and culture. Whether you’re in a pleasure or business trip, this guidebook will provide you clear insights and essential information on Emirati traditions, values, common courtesies, and awareness of basic manners.
This guidebook covers all the details of the business practices to develop trust with the locals and feels confident to tackle any awkward situations. Furthermore, get you to know all the do’s and don’ts to enjoy a safe stay during your visit.
- Emirati history, values, and traditions
- The cultural and social lifestyle of the UAE
- UAE culture and customs
- Food habits of the UAE
- How to behave and communicate in UAE
- Religious and political values
- Do’s and don’ts when in UAE
- How to develop the best business practices
Conversational Arabic Quick and Easy: Emirati Dialect, Gulf Arabic of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE Arabic, and the United Arab Emirates
Conversational Arabic Quick and Easy on Emirati Dialect, Gulf Arabic of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE Arabic, and the United Arab Emirates is a perfect audiobook by Yatir Nitzany to learn easy way Emirati dialect. To enjoy a trip like a local, it is always extra beneficial if you know the local language. By following this book, you’ll start conversations in Arabic or even understand the native speakers when you’re on a trip to the United Arab Emirates. No worries, if you don’t know anything about Arabic, all Arabic words written in English for your understanding.
It is best if you already know some accents of the Arabic language, but still, without any prior knowledge, it is possible to learn. This audiobook will provide you some great techniques to recognize the accents and be familiar with the pronunciation. In a short time, you’ll be fluent in the Arabic language. Most importantly, you will not only understand one foreign language, but the native speakers will also appreciate your communication style.
- Quick and easy way to learn conversational Arabic
- Emirati Arabic Dialect
- Fluency in the Arabic language
- Understandable by the native speakers
- Detail techniques to learn Arabic accent
Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi (City Guide)
Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi (City Guide) is a must-read to explore the two most visited emirates of UAE. This UAE travel guidebook will help you to discover many famous sights to offbeat things during your city tour in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The primary destinations covers by this book are Bur Dubai, Deira, Downtown Dubai, Dubai Marina & Palm Jumeirah, Around Jumeirah Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, and UAE East Coast.
Lonely Planet City Guide on Dubai & Abu Dhabi provides many insider tips, essential information, cultural insights, honest reviews, and many colorful images and maps. It helps to tailor your trip, also saves time and money.
The handy-sized Lonely Planet’s Pocket Dubai and Pocket Abu Dhabi travel guides are best to keep if you’re only looking for the highlights while touring around those cities in the United Arab Emirates.
- UAE travel itineraries
- Colorful maps and images
- Emirati culture, history, politics, cuisine
- Top things to do in Dubai
- Top things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Honest reviews and travel advice
- Money-saving tips on any budget
- Insider tips for traveling like a local
- Hidden discoveries along with all popular UAE destinations
Understanding Arabs: A Contemporary Guide to Arab Society
Understanding Arabs: A Contemporary Guide to Arab Society is an excellent book for any professional to understand better Arabs, Arab society, culture, values, and behaviors from an Arab perspective. This essential guide is written by scholar and professor Dr. Margaret Nydell, who lived and worked in various middle eastern countries. If you’re traveling, planning to do business with Arabs, or residing in any middle east country as expatriates, this practical guidebook will help you get many insights about the Arab world.
In the entire book, the writer has applied her skills and expertise to describe three decades of Arab culture. She has given many examples, charts, and statistics to get a clear picture between the westerners and modern-day Arabs.
- Understand better Arabs, Arab society and culture
- Three decades of Arab culture
- Arab world history, civilization, and contemporary politics
- Arab lifestyle and modern-day Arabs
- The varied culture of Arab countries
- Religious values and behaviors
Fodor’s Dubai 25 Best (Full-color Travel Guide)
Fodor’s Dubai 25 Best (Full-color Travel Guide) is best to explore the gorgeous Dubai city in the United Arab Emirates. This travel guidebook covers 25 top sights of Dubai, along with colorful street maps and photos. It packed with updated travel information, practical advice, insider tips, and phrases by local experts. Many self-guided tour ideas will help you to save your time and plan your day trip to Dubai.
The top Dubai landmarks covers by this travel guide are Dubai Creek, Al Fahidi Historical District, Sheikh Mohammed Center, Dubai Museum, Heritage House, Burj Khalifa, Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary. Also, get to know about Dubai’s old souks to modern Dubai Mall for shopping, local eateries, dhow cruises tour, and more.
- Dubai’s top 25 destinations
- Practical tips and phrases from local experts
- Detailed street maps and colorful photos
- Essential tips on Dubai sightseeing places to eat, sleep and shop for every budget
- Self-guided Dubai city tour ideas
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Pocket Travel Guide)
To enjoy the most of your vacations with family or alone DK Eyewitness Top 10 Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Pocket Travel Guide) is the best to read before traveling UAE. This lightweight travel guide is perfect for carrying while moving around for sightseeing tours. It comes with the top 10 lists of Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s must-see tourist attractions to explore. It provides detailed descriptions of each destination, colorful area maps, and smart street advice from Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
DK Eyewitness Pocket Travel Guide highlights top places to eat, shop and dine, free things to do in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. You’ll plan for a week, a day trip or weekend trip with the help of nine sample itineraries inside the guidebook. Many popular city attractions covers by this book are Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai deserts, Dubai Creek, Dubai Museum, Al Fahidi Historical District, Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai’s souks.
- Nine itineraries for a perfect city tour around Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Top 10 lists of must-see Dubai and Abu Dhabi sightseeing attractions
- Detailed descriptions of top Dubai and Abu Dhabi landmarks
- Colorful area maps
- Street smart advice of Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Best places to shop, eat and excursions
- Top things to do for free in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Table Tales: The Global Nomad Cuisine of Abu Dhabi
Table Tales: The Global Nomad Cuisine of Abu Dhabi by Hanan Sayed Worrell represents an entertaining cookbook where each recipe comes with a beautiful story from various ex-pats living and working in Abu Dhabi. The capital city, Abu Dhabi of the United Arab Emirates, became a destination for ex-pats from different corners of the world. And they have their home cuisines to introduce, which became the global nomad cuisine of Abu Dhabi.
As a long term resident of various Arab countries, the writer showcases a collection of delicious recipes from global nomads. Here nomad term has used for expatriates who live in Abu Dhabi. This book is full of many beautiful photos and personal recipes from Asia to Europe, Africa, and the Americas. There are also recipes from UAE to try. This fabulous cookbook got a unique concept with the lifestyle of locals and ex-pats in Abu Dhabi.
- Many delicious recipes from around the world
- Recipes from the United Arab Emirates
- The lifestyle of ex-pats in Abu Dhabi
- How to live in Abu Dhabi as ex-pats
Are You On Pinterest? Click To Save These For Later Read!
Have you been to the United Arab Emirates in the middle east? Share your top recommendations and books to read before traveling to the UAE.
Nafisa Habib loves nature and often got fascinated by old beautiful architecture. Here she is with My Own Way To Travel to share her adventures on the road. To her nothing is so interesting than exploring new destinations around. And knowing a new culture and meeting new peoples on the road? Oh, yeah she just loves that too.